Wednesday 18 December 2013

Evaluation

My intention with these photographs was to recreate with my interpretations a similar look and feel to my photos like the original films still images. I wanted to achieve a high professional style of photographs alike the film and in some parts of my studio lighting shoot i did feel like i may have achieved this however on my location shoot i wasn't as professionally equipped. Now this process of adjusting them in Adobe Lightroom is over i think that now my location shoot came out a lot better. Comparing these to magazine images there are very, very different.


  

Fashion photography there is normally  either a plain background or a very busy one. In both of these photos, the model is the main focus and they are both black and white. My photograph has a busy background with leaves and branches, my models arm is in the back ground which looks odd and makes the photo less professional. In fashion photography many professionals would use a medium format camera which gives a larger digital file size and much finer detail. I was using a 35mm equivalent Digital SLR camera which produces a smaller digital file size unlike what a professional photographer would use. Also they would shoot with RAW files whereas i used JPEG straight away allowing less quality in the photo and they would have someone else do their hair and make up whereas i did this all alone. I did however use professional lighting and a back drop in my studio shoot.  I didn't use lights on my location shoot as i thought natural lighting would suit the theme better, professionals would use lighting outdoors too. I worked from a brief  just like a professional working for a client. I also produced thumbnails and contact sheets just as a professional might do for the client to see before finally selecting the images to be used. Finally i worked in Lightroom to retouch the images just as any professional fashion image would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment